Who’s Whoo: Kirsten O’Beirne

Kirsten O'Bierne Who's Whoo

Kirsten O’Beirne, Registrar

What I do: The Registrar’s Office coordinates all aspects of course planning, registration and grading. I oversee the work we do with faculty and departments to gather course information and grading. We work with students around registration, doing the set-up in BiONiC and answering student questions during registration.  One of the things I do in particular is work with students on transferring credits from other Colleges back to Bryn Mawr.  So if you are ever thinking of taking a summer course, please come to see me!

• Favorite book or movie: I am a big Harry Potter fan (books and movies).
  • Dream vacation spot: I’ve never been to the Grand Canyon, and I would love to go there.
  • Favorite dessert: chocolate chip cookies
  • Best thing about Bryn Mawr: Bryn Mawr’s campus!  It is beautiful!
  • Best thing about the Registrar’s Office: I like technology, but I would never want to stare at a screen all day. In the Registrar’s Office we use BiONiC to make things like registration more efficient so that we have time to work directly with student on other things.
  • BMC club/activity I’d like to join: The BMC Greens!
  • Tip for the first year at BMC: Ask questions!  You will hear about all sorts of things this summer and during Customs Week, but no one expects you to remember everything!  We are happy to answer questions.
  • What I like about working with new students: The excitement and enthusiasm that new students bring at the start of the semester is contagious.
  • Favorite thing about my job: I love Bryn Mawr! In the Registrar’s Office we work with faculty, students, administrative staff and alums so you can really see the mission of the College in action.
  • Favorite spot on campus: My office – really, my office is awesome.  I also love the Taft Garden behind Canaday Library.
  • In my free time, I enjoy: Reading, and doing fun stuff with my daughter.
  • If I were an animal, I’d be: I’d probably be a cat.
  • Little known fact about me: I’ve been to every state on the east coast and the west coast of the US, but only one state in between.
  • My secret talent: I’m pretty good at trivia, as long as it isn’t about music.
  • Nickname: Kir
  • On my summer to-do list is: Vacation, vacation and getting zucchini to grow in my garden – I have checked them all off!